This week’s challenge will have you add 7 superfoods to your pantry to help boost energy without caffeine or sugar, decrease body fat and improve mood.
- Fresh leafy greens. Eating chlorophyll packed greens is key to creating a biologically younger body. Make a smoothie or juice every day, eat a salad or make a soup.
- Chia seeds. Tiny black seeds are packed with nutrients and Omega 3’s. Enjoy them sprinkled on oatmeal, in smoothies or puddings.
- Hemp seeds. Full of fiber, protein and iron, include them in granola bars or smoothies.
- Green tea. Packed with antioxidants, make it a daily habit.
- Maca. This root vegetable from South America is an adaptogen helps the body deal with stress and lowers cortisol, gives you energy and stamina. I add the powder to my morning smoothie.
- Turmeric. This spice contains anti-inflammatory medicinal properties that protect against cancer, Alzheimer’s and potentially depression. Buy the best quality you can and sprinkle on eggs, soups and anything savory.
- Camu camu. This berry from South America has 30-60 times more Vitamin C than an orange. Add to smoothies or drinks to help boost your immune system and keep colds away during this crazy cold weather. It’s truly amazing.
You can find these superfoods at Whole Foods, Amazon or any health food store. Happy shopping and let me know how you are doing.