I recently ate an excellent kale and cabbage salad at a local mediterranean restaurant. I was very satisfying, crunchy from the red cabbage and sweet from the pomegranate seeds, with a tangy flavor from a few shavings of a good cheese. This salad can convert even the most stubborn carnivore so I hope you will tempt such people in your life. May I say that my attempt at recreating the fabulous flavors was successful as I made this dish over the over again in the last few weeks.
- 1 head laminate kale shredded into large pieces
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- parmesiano shavings or other good cheese
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp finley grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until combined and toss with kale and cabbage. Arrange on plates and top with pomegranate seeds, almond slivers and cheese shavings. Serve and enjoy!